WolvesOfTheSky

Discussion in '3.0v2' started by WolvesOfTheSky, Jan 20, 2018.

1. WolvesOfTheSky

WolvesOfTheSky

Personally I like a lot of these changes except for to and some of the sponge one.

Towns have been an interest to me since around 2.0 and many people are still interested in them. Only problem is that people create these towns and a lot of them have fallen. In 5.0 I've seen at least 10 new towns being created and failing due to prices, so maybe having chunk cost be less or the upkeep so they have a better chance of survival(especially nondonators!)

For the sponge one, it will be difficult to protect larger builds and structures. I'm going into college this year and it will be difficult for me to play as often to get enough time in to buy sponges for my projects. I feel that if we cut down the time needed to just buy a regular 10 sponge to maybe 4-6 hours it will help. I feel that this would be beneficial to younger players as well as those in college due to limited playing time so they could at least protect the area they want to start building, and with having to wait that long they should be motivated on that project more.

PandaChristina likes this.
  2. TheShibaDog

TheShibaDog

For the sponge, I agree with you. it should be cut down to 4-6 hours. I am also going to college and it is going to be a struggle for me to be on. I finish my projects in around 10 hours if I have to go and get supplies, but if I have my supplies already, it takes me around 3 to 4 hours to make.
    For the town, I personally think that it should be taken off. I don't have many experience myself when it comes to towns, but I know a lot of people make it and a lot of them don't really last. Of course there are exceptions to that and to make a town is really reasonable too. Also, the only requirement is "5K and enough room to build out". Maybe the problem is that we all want to build a town together, but we all also want our own town. And knowing that this server has maybe 30 regulars (I'm guessing here), at most there should be 2 to 3 towns IF half of them decide to join the town.

3. Selttiks

Selttiks Moderator

So for towns, I'm kinda on the fence myself. But most people don't see a real reason to be in a town, other than maybe to have another house that they can use. People come on the server moreso now for a survival feeling, but for more creative things. But maybe we are wrong an more people come on for towns than we think.

For the sponges, you start with a 150 radias cap 10 radias is added on. Most players with lots of big projects are on a lot, and they over protect their projects. The number for radias increase is still kinda under discussion so likely it might change, lots of people are saying its a bit much.

soulknight72 likes this.
  4. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

You're the second or third person to suggest the time being cut to 4-6 hours, so I think we should consider that. I'm thinking we should stay at around 8, for now, to get a feel of it first, and if that doesn't work out then we can cut it.

GiantNuker likes this.
  5. Blinksi

Blinksi

Yes definitely agree with the sponge time, it needs to be tweaked a bit.

6. WolvesOfTheSky

WolvesOfTheSky

Update on towns!
    I really would hate to see them go as I enjoy them the most on the server. I do understand the toxicity, so maybe to fight that there would be a maximum amount of players so towns can still exist?

I also liked the idea of a staff town, but the reason I love towny so much is the large builds for the town and the creativity, different styles, and working with a team that the town owner creates. I feel that if staff had players help run the town there would be disagreements with the style of the builds. To avoid this maybe have multiple towns with a few staff and having them different styles?

Either one works so that towns still exist for those who want it and help remove toxicity. But the player run one with a maximum amount of residents will still give people a chance to run a town and so staff do not have to worry because I know you guys are already swamped with mod reqs and solving issues.