Wither_Cadejo

Discussion in '3.0v2' started by Wither_Cadejo, Jan 21, 2018.

?

What do you think, overall?

1. I agree with everything.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I agree with most.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I agree with some.

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. I disagree with most.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I disagree with everything.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I replied detailing what I agree and disagree with. (You can vote on this and one of the above!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Wither_Cadejo

Wither_Cadejo

Real fast: On the server, I'm nicknamed " 'Wither " like 99.9 percent of the time, so you may know me from that.

Right! So, I have a few issues, but other things I don't feel strongly enough/get well enough to really step in on, like shop stuff (although I support minimum prices, but think it would be good to find a voting system/index on what it should be as the economy changes. For example, if bones were worth about 10c each, but then grinders caused a drop in worth to only 5c each, you could vote that the minimum be something like 4c.)

>>>Towns<<<

While towns could be improved, the town concept should be more tweaked than redone. Many people take pride in their towns, and see it as more of a "group."

I'd suggest some tweaks such as (or similar to) this:

1) A minimum tax, so that "tax free" isn't possible. To avoid having people that joined once, joined a town, and never joined jw again, once you've missed a set amount of payments, you get kicked. Set a max number so it can't basically be free from taxes.
    + Leading off from that, a way to "pay ahead" taxes if you will not be able to be active for a while. Maybe something similar to how the bank command works, but by payments, automatically putting the coins needed into the tax account. For example, if taxes are 5c, "/payahead 5" would put 25c in, assuming I don't suck more at math than I thought.

2) Unvisited plots automatically go back to the town, and must be repurchased to be given back. It is up to town leaders if they want to fund the repurchase for the town member in question. Maybe, if you don't visit your plot for two months, it is automatically put back to town, as an abandoned plot which may be put back to sell as is, or cleaned out and put for sale.
    +Alternatively, if you have not been in the town area for a period of time, you are automatically removed.

3) Upkeep rising with population. Maybe for every person, it is double the town tax in upkeep. This would force towns to be more selective, choosing people that will put forth enough money to not run the town bankrupt.

4) Shop plots. While a bit off topic, towns might be more active if users could set up mini shops. Imagine a little shopping district, filled with stands and huts selling player's goods!

>>>Sponges/Protection<<<

This might be tricky to code, but I don't know. Largely because I couldn't code if I had to do simple coding to save myself and all and everybody I care about.

1) Right, right. I... Don't like the idea presented for abandoned areas. There are areas like mass storage which may be rarely visited, but still very much in use! What about things like coloured wool farms? You probably wouldn't visit those too often as a normal player, but you wouldn't want to let anybody release your sheep!

Instead... You have a home set in your protected area, but you haven't been in the area for a while. You could get a mail message along the lines of "The protection around your home [HomeName] will expire from inactivity on May 7, [ServerTimezone]."
    You can stop it from going inactive by visiting the home and interacting with it somehow (open a chest, break a block, use a pressure plate) or maybe just visiting it, if the latter part is hard to code. Maybe there could be a way to "refresh" it, like going to the area and doing "/refresh" or "/extendtime" ect ect?

2) I also dislike the online time thing. Some people just don't have a lot of time, but that shouldn't mean it taking weeks to be able to claim the area for their planned build. 8-10 hours? I got hooked on a game I got and played 17 hours in two days, without school, homework, or anything else to get in my way. According to your limits suggested, that would be only a 20 sponge.

+Keep in mind that many of the JW users are still in school, or have jobs. Either you'll have too many afk cheats, hacks, glitches, ect. to count, very frustrated and tense users, or even people quitting for other servers because they can't do anything without doing other stuff for hours on hours on hours, taking forever because they have limited time.

+It would be better to make the price increase steeper, and to avoid players simply putting their claims side by side in small amounts, have a cooldown on purchasing small sponges. For example, a 10 sponge is 500- but a 20 sponge is 1000, and a 30 sponge is 2500, but you must wait five hours (online time, like how mutes are) to buy a sponge of the same range, such as 10-19, 20-29, ect ect. Once people have placed their lowest sponges, they really wont want to pay so much to protect things they won't be needing.

>>>ECONOMY<<<

Grinding, eh?
    Yeah, the cap thing, as suggested... doesn't sit right with me.

1) I'd like to suggest a broader limit, as in more of an HOURLY limit, maybe 2700, aka the suggested minute limit times 60. It would allow you to effectively grind a certain amount, before you'd get no more coins in the hour. I'd suggest it being by time, not "time since you last decided to grind" so that users have the option to place their sessions in a strategic way. To illustrate...

+At 5PM server time, a message is automatically broadcasted, saying that the grinding coin cap has been reset. A planning player could decide to grind some time later, almost reaching their cap, then having it reset again at 6PM server time. They could then continue their session until they reached that hours limit, before having to wait again.

2) Also- Maybe it could be a feature separate from ranks to increase your limit- a voting perk. For example, voting actively would allow you to make 3000 coins each hour for a day.

>>>Other<<<

1) Lastly... There should be a list of people who will likely be inactive, and who should not have any of the inactivity things done to them. Manual, of course, to avoid people doing it just to avoid the system, but players should be able to contact staff and say something like "I'm going to be moving, and I wont be online for a week. Can I be put on the Inactive List?" and be placed on it for a week. The tax system I suggested would not count, as they have the ability to pay ahead before their absence.

------------------------------

A big thanks to all of you that read through to the end, and I'd love to see what you think of my suggestions. Please organize what you say something like "On Towns 2, [insert opinion here]" so that people can easily see what you're wanting different from what's written!

PandaChristina likes this.
  2. Blinksi

Blinksi

I like your economy ideas.
    -making the cap work by the hour encourages players to take breaks between their grind sessions and do other stuff which the one based on minutes doesn't.
    -I also like the voting idea which would allow you to gain more money for a certain period of time. Great thinking ;)

3. red_stoner62

red_stoner62 Developer Admin

I actually really like the hourly cap idea, it encourages people to take breaks like @Blinksi said and can keep the grinders more clear when they're unable to earn coins from it. There was a point made on @Aerolithe44 's response that mentioned that people would just stay there longer if it was by the minute since they'd still need their coins.
    Thanks for the quality response!

4. Wither_Cadejo

Wither_Cadejo

Thanks for your thoughts! The voting thing may also encourage people to vote more, but you might want to have an occasional announcement saying something along the lines of "Tired of where the coin limit is for grinding? Temporarily increase your limit by voting!"

That's true! I actually had been thinking more that players would be frustrated with the constant efficiency downgrade, but yeah, it would probably make them just stay longer anyways... And also would probably cause bulk mob items to be sold for wayyy low prices, because many would keep killing after the coin cap, getting only the drops but still wanting money... The flood wouldn't do good on the market. Maybe, with the hourly encouraging notable breaks, the way mob drops are so quickly priced so low would be helped?

5. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

I also really like the hourly cap idea, which will probably sit a lot better with players.
    Thank you for the suggestions! <3

6. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

Hourly cap is defiantly good.