What's next for Johnnywoof?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Johnnywoof, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Johnnywoof

Johnnywoof Server Owner Developer

It’s been a while, hasn’t it? As you might already know, the server is currently offline. Right now, I’m working on setting up a temporary server which will continue hosting Johnnywoof. I plan to have it up and ready by the end of this week.
    Many of you are concerned about the future of Johnnywoof Servers. I know that I’ve been away for practically an eternity, but that doesn’t mean we’re done. Starting now, Johnnywoof Servers will no longer receive any updates/support. In its place, there will be a new, completely revamped survival server. There will be a ton of new mechanics, features, and changes! Most of them are being planned out right now, which I am involved in. Since this is an ambitious project, a lot of time will be required to make everything work.
    I just want to let everyone know that we're still here and to keep in touch for what’s coming next. More information will be coming soon!

2. Nimbus2224

Nimbus2224

Thank you for the update! :) I'm sure I wasn't the only one wondering why the server was offline at times. So, sometime early in 2020, a new survival server will begin. Does this mean that the current server world will essentially be finished by then? If so, will the 2020 server purge still take place in July? Or will the 2020 'season' last a bit longer to compensate? Sorry, I don't mean to bombard you with questions, just had a lot of projects underway. Hope everything is going alright. Cheers! :D

3. Zaphodbx42

Zaphodbx42

I have but one question which I'm sure is on the minds of those who've read the announcement.

With a new server and everything, will "Donator Ranks be retained?" Or will it be a complete wipe and restart?

Thanks, and good to see you're still alive JW. 8^)