Town Expenses

Discussion in 'General' started by WolvesOfTheSky, Jan 3, 2019.

1. WolvesOfTheSky

WolvesOfTheSky

We all know that towns are crazy expensive, and most towns fail due to upkeep. Every chunk claimed costs 250 coins, and after that it is 10 coins per chunk every day. This means that 1 chunk alone would cost 550 coins for 1 month. Obviously, this can quickly become expensive as towns constantly expand and typically claim the area around for future plots. Currently the costs for my town are 620 coins per day, which is fine as some of my residents donate to the town. However, smaller towns where they only have a few people, are far less likely to succeed. Yes you could put taxes on your town, but no one would join that town if there was a town without tax. My suggestion would be to change the regular upkeep from 10 coins, down to 5. This upkeep would cost 400 coins rather than 550 for 1 chunk per month. 400 is not all to far from 550, but it allows players to have a chance to start a town and maintain it.

2. Rockerjman222

Rockerjman222 Developer Admin

I'm just curious, what would be your stance on a minimum tax rate. Like nothing excessive (1%-5%?), but it would be mandatory for all towns therefore if you're a part of a town you kinda have to help.

3. WolvesOfTheSky

WolvesOfTheSky

I wouldn't mind that, but my worry would be that then there would be no interest because then people would have to pay. In my experience with towns, most people join but never do anything. They might play for a month, then stop. The one time I did have a town with taxes, it would kick anyone who couldn't pay.

4. CarsonK_

CarsonK_

I completely agree. I think the town aspect of the server is underrated. Towns are super fun and it would be nice if more people were interested and were involved in towns. Most people don’t want to be because of the money issue. Nobody wants to pay tax or be part of a failing town (due to lack of funds). I really think making the chunk cost less would get more people involved in towns.