Sponges

Discussion in 'General' started by Wailwulf, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

This current server patch implemented a wait time in order acquire protection sponge area. Currently we start with the ability of buying a protection sponge with a 100 radi, and earn 10 sponge radi every 4 hours.

In previous servers, I would spend the early part of my time earning credits so I could buy sponges.

This past server, I spent time being AFK (was done playing for the night, but would let the server kick me off) just so I could earn enough in my sponge bank so I could spend the coins I had accumulated on sponges.

I also noticed a problem in the early stage of this current server of a few of the shops being larger then their protection sponge (possibility of vandalism to the shops.

While I am not a great fan of the four wait time for every 10 radi, I do under stand what it is for, so we can leave that alone.

What I suggest is every player starts with the ability to buy 200 radi of protection sponges at the start. I personally will still end up having a zero sponge balance, but it would not seem as restrictive to my plans. The 200 protection sponge would also be a help for shop owners keep their shops protected.

Now I do have a few other suggestions:
    When we / sponge we re given the balance of available sponge radi to be used.
    What I would love to see in that data readout would be three things.

One, how much sponge Radi we have in all
    Two How much sponge Radi have we in use

(Total, Used, Available)

and Lastly
    How many actual sponges we have. So when we just type /sponge we would get something like:

Sponge Balance:
    Total: 250
    Used: 175
    Available: 75
    Number of Sponges: 5

2. red_stoner62

red_stoner62 Developer Admin

So the number of sponges available would be in terms of what? 21x21 (size 10)?

3. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

Just the number of sponges, be they could be sponge 100s and sponge 10s with sponges in between,

At one point I had gone to all my sponges locations that I had set a home at and figured out their size. then calculated the statistic of hours I played how many sponge slots I should have in all. and came to the conclusion had misplaced 1 or 2 sponges. I did find one of them (village I had proteced but for got to sethome) but I believe there is another one out there that I have no memory of...

To make it easier for the player there could be a command like '/sponge list' that would list each and every sponge, it's size, and it's coordinates. But i am trying to think of useful things in what I hope is the simplest form, and to me that would be how many sponge radi do I have, how many are being used, how many are in the bank, and how many protection sponges do I actually have. With that info, I can make plans for protecting areas and also know if I really should rack my brains where I might have left a sponge laying about.**

** I have left sponges laying about, the reason being is I like to connect the rivers so they flow to the oceans without being landmark. Sometimes, in mountainous areas where the land rises in the rivers, I use TNT to lower the land to make it feel more organic/natrual then my digging a canal, Place sponge, enable TNT, blast a few hillsides, and hopefully pick up the sponge before moving on (have at least forgot to remove the sponge 3 times doing that, but knowing how many sponges I actually have placed would help me confirm that I did leave such a sponge in place.

4. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

Just in case I miss read your question,

Sponge Balance:
    Total: 250 -Total protection sponge radi I have
    Used: 175 -Total protection sponge radi I have in actual use
    Available: 75 -Total protection sponge radi I have in the sponge bank
    Number of Sponges: 5 -The number of actual Protection sponges I have planted

Sponge 10 (21x21) has a 10 radi where a sponge 100 201x201) has a 100 Radi

5. red_stoner62

ohhhh ok I get it now
    yeah I should be able to do that

6. red_stoner62

Added I believe, just has to be tested

7. Wailwulf

Wailwulf