Russell1992

Discussion in '3.0v2' started by Russell1992, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Russell1992

Russell1992

Sponge Changes:
    Alright I did read this one over and I kinda have a love/hate relationship towards this already. I will tell you why I do love and hate the idea.

The reason why I do not really care for the sponge idea is that, sometimes I will spread out my sponges so I don't lag out. Even when I use Optifine, I will lag in certain crowded areas that also involve redstone creations too. So, what I try to do when avoiding that is I will have certain redstone contraptions in one area and normally my real base in the other. I also don't really like the ideas of towns being removed. I had ideas of building a town for everyone next year with a small tax of course. But I hope that you are able to save towns but if not, I do understand.

The reason why I like this idea is that there are plenty of 100 sponges out and about that no one has built in yet. It's like the person is being greedy and doesn't want to give up the area. The way I see it is, if you sponged the area you better build in it. (i.e A store, a small town something to use there. Or at least something that will also help the people on the server too.) But I also like the idea of using tokens to get more sponges as well. Better use for the tokens imo, not that there are some neat things in the menu for tokens now, it's just I don't have a use for them right now.

Economy Changes:

I really like the idea of sharing your coins across the other servers as well. I think that would be helpful as well. Also gathering coins from like winning a mini game or creative and build battles.

As for the mob grinding I do understand you all want to cut that back too. But there are some people who do work hard to earn their coins other then grinding. I mainly grind just because of the xp to enchant and help others out with enchanted books for their shops.

As to the shop chest signs, I do like this idea. I think it would be nice for people who don't want to sell a lot and more specifically certain items so they won't have to pay as much for the signs to be put up.

I also like the idea of GSI from what I was reading it sounds like it would be helpful to us non lazy and lazy folks on the server. Even when you are in a building project and you don't feel like going to the shop and coming back I think the whole buying in the menu is a great idea.

But this was my feedback towards the changes. I tried covering all of the sections as best as I could. I will try to come up with some other ideas and when I do I will reply below.

PandaChristina and TheShibaDog like this.
  2. TheShibaDog

TheShibaDog

I think that the cap for Mob Grinding is pretty reasonable. Maybe if it EXP is the problem, when you win a mini game or participate in one, you can get EXP pots and with those, you can use to either enchant stuff or sell it in a shop. The time that you spent in the game will not be fore nothing and you get both coins and EXP. Just an Idea :)

3. Selttiks

Selttiks Moderator

Personally i think if exp was a problem wisdom would be removed. We never thought exp was a problem. Enchanting is fine. Standing at a grinder for hours for coins instead of actuay doing things really isnt. Its still very possible to earn coins with the cap. Its just kinda upsetting to me as it currebtly stands its faster for me to grind for coins at a grinder and llay a game like hearthstone or slay the spire and tab in every 30 seconds and click twice and still be able to get diamonds and lapis faster than mining.

4. Zaphodbx42

Zaphodbx42

You could do the "degrade over time" thing for mob grinders...

Set up as you listed in the main post of X amount per minute... then after a few minutes, it reduces to X amount.. then after a few minutes, it reduces again... etc.

5. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

Don't worry too much about towns, as what we were thinking with the subsections in sponges to replace towns is basically the same idea, but removing the really toxic competitiveness around towns, and the incredible money black hole that it is as well. It's going to be more of a towny system amongst friends, which may not be what you want, but I promise you it'll be more fun. Towns are really tedious and become torture after a while, so hopefully, the sponge idea will be a good replacement.

GiantNuker likes this.
  6. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

"Incredible money black hole" i agree.

PandaChristina likes this.