NoBreak - a guarding enchantment

Discussion in 'Enchantments' started by GiantNuker, Dec 31, 2017.

?

What do you think

1. Good idea

16.7%
  2. Bad idea

16.7%
  3. Too Overpowered

16.7%
  4. Needs Work

50.0%
  1. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

This makes it so your tool can never break. it is not as op as you think because, instead of breaking - it just stops using any tool bonuses(as if you were using your fist) but your tool does not break. it stays in this state until you repair it, and it works normally after that, until you break:)P) it again, and the process repeats
    ~GiantNuker

Please select a poll option :) Thanks!

2. Blinksi

Blinksi

You can basically achieve the same thing by just being careful and fixing your tools on time.

3. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

Yeah, I agree. A smart idea but no need to make an enchantment for that. <3

4. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

I kind of agree with Blinksi here. Part of the challenge is to have enough material and management to make sure the tool does not break. With that said, I'd like to address the fact that server enchants like lumberjack and veinminer do break a whole lot faster than other ones simply by virtue of their nature. While I personally stay away from many of the server-specific enchants simply because I don't have a use for them (i.e blastipode or shockwave), I can see where useful ones like these can cause frustration. Perhaps with known enchants such as veinminer, that cause the item to break more rapidly than normal, a special warning can appear or the item can be simply 'broken' in the inventory and unusable that way....? I'm not really sure, even on that solution. I can see people's inventory getting clogged with 'broken' items that they'd just as soon throw away or be rid of: the process of enchanting and crafting not as inconvenient as others might feel towards it.

GiantNuker likes this.