NEW SHOPHUB IDEA for 3.0v2/6.0

Discussion in '3.0v2' started by GiantNuker, Jan 20, 2018.

?

Do you like this world?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. It's OK

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. No.

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

Why you should use my design
    • Firs off, it is a complete circle, so noone can ever get spot #1.
    • It has 39 portals, so we shouldn't run out.
    • It looks nice
    • It has lots of free space
    • It's an awesome floating island
    • And the best reason of all: I want you to use it :p
    Here are some pictures: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AqiaJ3a4MEgnh0H0FKweLMDW79fa It's a OneDrive link

Here's a download: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqiaJ3a4MEgnh0WpNe6E3x6iu8eW Also OneDrive
    Reply if you like it or are going to use it :) I REALLY want to know if you like it :)

PandaChristina likes this.
  2. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

I think this is a nice idea for the portal, and this follows the idea that we were planning for the shophub.
    Also, thank you so much for building this! But, we usually like to go all out when building, and we will be following this design but it's going to be something different and bigger, as well. Thank you so much for the dedication!

3. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

It took me three hours. I'm glad you like the idea :) but do you get my point on portal spacing? Also, I could build you a bigger one, if it's that much bigger though, I may have to use mcedit or something. Just give me a radius in blocks from the center, a minimum portal count, and how many spokes(I had 4) I can try to build you a basic start, and I could have it done in a day or two. How much would I have to scale up, do you want it a floating island, and what basic materials do you like(I like grass/Jungle wood) I really want to help with this server, because it is basically the best ever one I've been on. It has everything I like, no pvp, and it's friendly which is a big bonus. Thank you for taking intrest in my design, and I would defiantly be interested in building you a bigger one. Also, I'll make sure I don't build it partly in a snow biome, as that was kind of silly. Also, should I build open air? And what block level should I build it at?(this one was block 200) if you want to make something really tall, have me build it lower.

If you consider having me build a beginning for your spawn or shophub, tell me asap, I really want to make you guys a good spawn,cand to make sure I'm not trying to stash diamonds or something in creative, you could just world edit the parts you like.

Nvm, you probably want to build it.

As I said, i really want to help, so tell me asap :D

If you do accept my offer, thanks, I'm exited, if not, is there any other way I can help?

But still, please tell me if there is any way i can help :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  4. Blinksi

Blinksi

I like the circle idea. I think it gives every shop an equal chance of being visited no matter how late they were to the game. As for the design of this specific build itself, I think it needs quite a bit of work and I'm sure the server staff will be designing their own version of it for the new spawn.

5. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

This is a really good concept, GiantNuker! I love how basically all shops are equal; no more hunting for the new ones on base-floor. I think even if it were in a lagoon like the current spawn is, this design can work because it is all on one level. I know the team likes to link the shophub with the rest of the spawn so maybe a collection of floating islands...? Or perhaps many different islands connected by bridges? (eluvian crossroads anyone....no? just me...ok :3) The possibilities are endless. Very versatile.

GiantNuker likes this.
  6. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

Floating islands are always awesome.