New Server Update?

Discussion in '3.0v2' started by Clonegirl, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

I know Red_Stoner said that he didn't have a set date for the release of the new server update but I am just wondering if there is an estimate or even a ballpark goal for it. (I'm trying not to sound impatient. The hype is killing me though. XD) I also realize that coding and ensuring that all this works takes a lot of time and effort and I really, really appreciate that this server is so dedicated to making sure everything works and looks great. I also get the feeling that the Staff have made this update special. So......Did you guys need help with anything? I'm not really a code-master but I can follow directions and build if you need help. My schedule is a bit crazy but I'm happy to throw in a few hours in the evening if there are things that you need help with. If you don't want or need help that's fine too. The site just went kinda quiet lately and it worried me a little. Just wanted to make sure you're all doing great and that no matter how long it takes, this Minecraft-player is looking forward to returning to Johnnywoof.

Keep up the good work, I know you guys are doing great! XD
    Clonegirl

TheNetherchicken likes this.
  2. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

At this moment, Oct 18th, 2018; 7:40 PM Pacific, the server is running 1.13.1, though I keep getting booted when trying to join. Was playing 1.12.2 on it just a few hours ago.

3. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

Just tried it now (about 10:45AM Central) and it seems to be timing out with a "connection lost" message. Wondering if they're still working out some quirks with the new update. I'll check back tonight to see if I can log on.

4. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

Turns out if you just enter the server with 1.12.2 it works, despite it saying it is running at 1.13.1

5. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

Yes, I noticed it's saying it's running 1.13.1 as well. Interesting. :eek: I've already updated my Minecraft to the latest version (1.13.1 or whatever) so there's really no going back to 1.12 for me (I've already updated most of my worlds too). :L I checked the server last night and this morning (just now, 10:04am Central) and it still has the disconnection error when logging on.

6. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

The Minecraft Launcher allows one to chose what version of the game one wishes to play.

Launch Options > select '+ New' Name it and delect patch Version, and then save.

Then when in the launcher News Page, use the Up Arrow on the right side of the PLAY button to change version when going to play. MCVersions.jpg

7. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

Yep it worked then! Thanks! I didn't realize that they were running the Purge though, I thought that the actual server was back up. Seems like they plan to update soon though. Thanks for the tip, Wailwulf! :)

So to those curious: The server hasn't been updated quite yet. They're still working on it. I was on today and Staff were saying they are getting closer which is great and kudos to them! :) Follow Wailwulf's instructions to view the old server which is currently in Purge mode. Purge mode is basically where there's pvp and people are haphazardly burning your things down/killing your pets. :l If you like that kind of stuff, go for it and have fun. If you're a peaceful hobo like myself, you might find it a bit distressing. (I thought it would just be the world resetting, everybody able to teleport to other sponge zones to go on house tours, or a sneak peek at the new server hub...idk. =p I was wrong.)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  8. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

When I wrote this thread, The Purge hadn't yet started. It started 8 hours later. Funny thing is I was on last night unaware of The Purge having started :)

JohhyWoof's Discord Channel seems to be the place for information as to what is happening, when it happens.

9. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

That's ok, I didn't know what the Purge entailed precisely either or that it had begun. I received ample warning at the hub but proceeded anyways hoping for a few more screenshots of that server version. I just really appreciate your help with finding the cause of why it boots people out when they're on the current version of Minecraft. =)

10. Zaphodbx42

Zaphodbx42

Well.... the 1.12 thing is now void....

Updated to 1.13.1 AND 1.13.2...

Server shows people in it since Wednesday... but it doesn't seem to want to let me connect.

Keep getting that annoying "Unable to connect to default or fallback server....(yadayada)..." message.... So I'm going to take it as, that's just admins testing it out... and it'll hopefully be running soon.

11. Rockerjman222

Rockerjman222 Developer Admin

We're working on updating the server to 1.13.1.
    We had planned to release the server last Teusday, but unfortunately we had an issue with our permissions database that has caused us to have to wait. Good news is that we're getting really close and could have it released soon™

12. ufaz

ufaz

My message says "Could not connect to a default or fallback server, please try again later: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException"

13. Rockerjman222

Ya, that's because we're in maintenance mode right now preparing the server and plugins for the new world

14. ufaz

ufaz

Alright. Thanks Rockerjman :D

15. Zaphodbx42

Zaphodbx42

Yeah... what I pretty much figured.

Thx for the update Rocker, appreciate it.

16. Rockerjman222

we're now updated and reset :) hop on!

17. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

Also wondering, since the "Pillage and Village" update is supposedly coming out early 2019 will the server still restart in like July for this version? Just wondering how ambitious I want to get with my projects this go-around. Thanks! =)

18. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

The server is not as large as it was last year. Last year it was a full 50,000 x 50,000 blocks in size. The year before it started at 20,000 x 20,000 and enlarged (30,000 x 30,000) to add the Llamas patch.

I hit the wall /rp on the first day and it was at one of the smaller sizes, so there is plenty of room to expand.

19. Rockerjman222

Ya, we kept the border pretty small this time. We did this in anticipation of 1.14 introducing a whole bunch of new generation and such, and given that it looks like it will come out well inside this version of the server we plan to keep the same world for 1.14

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.