Lucrata/VoidMind

Discussion in '3.0v2' started by Lucrata, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Lucrata

Lucrata

Greetings...

You collectively asked our thoughts? Well then... Let us see...

Sponge Changes:
    Adequate and reasonable. However, I stand among those calling for balance of the increments of time required to widen the scope of protection dimensions and availability. There will be a disparity among players and their ability to devote time in order to further expand their region of workmanship; there are various reasons for this, as anyone could conjecture.

Previously (that is to say, currently) the passive form of this was functionally the same: accumulation of coins via voting, sale of raw or refined materials, and grinding - all amounted to the aim of achieving greater protection for planned projects. This was also a sacrifice of time for a devoted project.

Is there a middle path between the enforcing shield and the fiery constant of motion? ... Creations require raw resources. Time spent on the Server will tend to scale along with materials gathered and (valuable or resource-type) blocks broken or created (such as bone, stone brick, or lumber harvested) for the purpose of building. I do not know if this can be usefully tallied and structured so as to provide a framework for approximate availability of protection dimensions.

Further, for some such as myself, I prefer a due amount of space between anything of my creation, and anyone else. That limit being the visual rendering. This requires far more an area of protection around my creations (at least generally), and I am willing to take the necessary action to secure this... But under these new rules, that may become prohibitive on grounds of there being far too much surface area to secure - especially with respect to the required time of such things - which I will presume myself to lack.

If there is any mitigating factor to deal with this, I would ask that it be put in place. Having to entreaty Staff to deal with encroaching and unwelcome... Guests... Is somewhat encumbering of other issues we are attempting to address. I have already had limited, though minor, problems in the past - but if they can be kept from occurring at all, that is my ideal of courteous efficiency for Staff at large.

Towns:
    I abstain from discussion of this, as I have rarely had any involvement with them or their machinations.

Economy Changes:
    Minigames: I must say first that I have no inclination toward these. Many people will enjoy them and benefit from them, of course.

I, for one, see no enthusiasm for being involved in them. I find my peace where I do; I create my worth and presence in Survival. If there is to be any overarching benefit to Minigames, I would hope to find a path of progression without.

Grinding Caps: I stand by the utility of this idea in it's proposed form. If people wish to devote longer times to grinding for predetermined goals of their own, so be it; doubtless, it will happen. Second, a new economy will simply arise, adjust, and adapt - this is the symbiosis among the Shops and people's ways.

In my view, the passive proposed cap would equalize the nature of all grinders. The advantage of this is that enchanting capability and harvested materials would become the true utility of Grinders... For myself, this is already their prime purpose. Extremely large grinders could still exist without skewing their advantages invariably in favour of size, such as would occur if we adjusted the mob kill-values instead of the proposed time-limited cap.

However, as a suggestion, with the cap in place... Does that not instead open up more interesting ideas for Mob worth? Witches and Ghasts are already somewhat rare, as are Wither Skeletons. Why not increase their worth slightly, so as to at least partially encourage players who prefer exploring in the Mineworld, or otherwise?

Shops/Shop Portals:
    Having never been involved in these, I must abstain from commentary.

Tokens and their Availability:
    Again, these appear to be primarily bound to the Minigames or other like activities... Which I have no interest in, personally.

However, if they can be made more available or utilitarian, the proposition of them being linked to aiding in accumulating land protection is appealing... (That may likely not be enough to move me to take up Minigames, despite it all.)

Elsewise, any input or suggestion on Token-based ideas I will save for another post.

Regards,
    Ars moriendi

Clonegirl and PandaChristina like this.
  2. red_stoner62

red_stoner62 Developer Admin

Thanks for the response!

In regards to sponges:
    Many people have expressed that 4-6 hours would be much more reasonable for time spent for new sponge availability. We're not trying to be unreasonable about it, it'll have to be a living system as we try it out and we want people to be able to protect what's reasonable, not just claim so that others can not, I hope we can find a balance that works for everyone.

PandaChristina likes this.
  3. Blinksi

Blinksi

Maybe the timer could be 4-6 hours at the start of the reset since people have more stuff to protect at the beginning and then after a month or so when everyone has settled in the timer could be raised.
    Like usually at the start of a reset I have to protect a new shop, new farms, and storage base and then after a while when I get settled in my build activity decreases and I have a lot less space to protect.

4. Lucrata

Lucrata

I am fully confident we will find our due balance, either through foresight or the anvil of experience.

5. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

"However, as a suggestion, with the cap in place... Does that not instead open up more interesting ideas for Mob worth? Witches and Ghasts are already somewhat rare, as are Wither Skeletons. Why not increase their worth slightly, so as to at least partially encourage players who prefer exploring in the Mineworld, or otherwise?"
    I really like this idea! Would we be considering just upping the price a couple of coins, or maybe make it 10-20?
    Also, do you have any ideas on what people that don't really play minigames could do to obtain tokens?

6. Blinksi

Blinksi

Maybe tokens could be added to the top monthly donator prizes? Also, tokens could somehow be incorporated into the new quests and dungeons red is planning. I know Lucrata loves exploring and finding beautiful places on the map, so that would be right up her alley ;)

GiantNuker and PandaChristina like this.
  7. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

Sure! Actually, maybe you could get tokens by donating as well.
    So tokens can be earned through Build Battle, possibly minigames, vote winners, donating, Red's dungeons, bug reporting, being a respectful player. Anything else?

Clonegirl likes this.
  8. Blinksi

Blinksi

I think that's pretty much it, we don't want tokens to become too common lol. Also, i'm not really sure how I'd feel about getting any type of currency in return for donating.

9. Selttiks

Selttiks Moderator

You currently get 5k from donating to lord.

10. Blinksi

Blinksi

Oh, that's true, totally forgot someone actually donated for my Lord rank on the server and I had to give them the 5k in return haha... Idk I just never liked paying for currency, but that's just me.

11. red_stoner62

We don't either for the most part, it was just a thing to pad the lord lineup when we didn't have many perks dedicated to it, and people most likely wouldn't appreciate us just removing it out of the blue

12. Blinksi

Blinksi

Yeah no I totally get it, I wasn't trying to imply it should be removed at this point, sorry if it came off like that :D

13. red_stoner62

nah don't stress it, I got it :)

14. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

I think that is a fair collection of ways to gain tokens. People will be more willing to achieve and spend tokens too, I think, as more special purchases are available in the /buytemp board.

PandaChristina likes this.
  15. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

I agree with basically everything here. A really good assessment, Lucrata! :) [I've been thinking of a new thread to possibly record/discuss new /buytemp options. That way it can all be in one place.]