Joining Towns

Discussion in 'General' started by BobbyTheCatfish, Apr 22, 2018.

?

Do you agree

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but with a slight twist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BobbyTheCatfish

BobbyTheCatfish

As a town owner that is constantly trying to get people to join his town, it is very annoying when you invite someone and you don't know if they have just ignored you or if they denied the request. I believe that there should be a notification sent to the person who invited the person to the town or possibly sent to the town chat, saying that the person has denied the request.

2. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

Having some sort of command to formally invite people does sound helpful, however I think the staff are in the process of changing how towns work---thus this could be something they're working on. I know there was talk in the next server version thread regarding how many people are needed to form a town. Maybe players will need to send a request to join a town instead of vice versa.

In my experience, and not suggesting that it's you, but there have been players announcing to the entire server about towns constantly, sometimes asking me repeatedly even after I refused. Having an invite command is helpful, but I think having some kind of log of who was asked or who refused is even more helpful as to avoid asking the same person multiple times, or just to see who is now part of the town. And, though I hate to say it, there are always people who ignore questions. Lag also has affected conversations I've had with people (also be aware of accidental mutes on players). Hope this helped and good luck with your town! =)