JaJa_jrXP-- 3.0v2

Discussion in '3.0v2' started by JaJa_jrXP, Jan 21, 2018.

1. JaJa_jrXP

JaJa_jrXP

Hi! Not to cause any trouble, but i highly disagree with 3 main topics of discussion for 3.0v2. First of all I would like to agree with a_n_a on the towns and sponges. We were planning on making a huge town and each of us owning our own shop not to mention our own house. I personally do not want to put all three of those on the same sponge. Another topic was that of the grinding. Personally I spend a lot of time grinding and it may not be the funnest thing in the world but I'm spending MY free time on Johnnywoof, your server, when I could easily be spending it else where. My time is very special to me and costs more than any amount of money. I have invested about $80 in this server so I could enjoy it more. I didn't have to pay that money it could have easily gone towards something more important, but i care about this server and I really enjoy the people and playing on it. I DO NOT want to play on here for 100 hours just to get a big enough sponge for a decent shop. That's utterly ridiculous. Your main point is to make people happy on this server right? Yet this is making everyone angry. I have never seen so much complaining about this server until now. At this moment in time you are risking losing at least 3 people from this server, and who knows how many more who are just too afraid to say something. Everybody is happy with the server right now how it is. I've heard no complaints. None. I don't want to have invested so much time and energy in this server just to leave because it won't be the same, it won't be as fun anymore. So I implore you, if you really, truly have the public's interests at heart, to not go through with these new changes. I truly believe it would ruin the server and it's economy, and would lose players. I really do enjoy this server. I'd hate to have to leave because it wouldn't be fun anymore.

a_n_a likes this.
  2. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

1) We are changing these parts of the server to encourage new people to play, not to make the server more overly powered as it already is.
    2) The amount of time invested or money invested has nothing to do with this discussion.
    3) Read the rest of the forum posts, the feedback is actually extremely positive.

Please suggest some alternatives instead of making a post entirely based on complaining. We've made this post to discuss possible changes and wanted to hear your opinions and useful feedback, and this post does have opinions, but not the kind that we're looking for.

3. red_stoner62

red_stoner62 Developer Admin

Hi! Thanks for the response
    First off, I think the "everybody" complaining might just be you, I've seen lots of support for the new sponge system and the removal of towns, albeit with some changes proposed, which I appreciate to death. I'm afraid you're in the very small minority of people who are sad to see towns go and unless there's a really large pushback here on the forums I can't see much reason to keep them in.

Second, in regards to sponges, we did mention that new sponge area would be obtainable through the use of tokens which we're going to make much more readily available. Also, I feel like you've employed a bit of hyperbole with the 100 hours thing, that'd get you a 160 sponge which protects a 320x320 square. If your shop takes up *all* of that room, I'll pay for it myself because no shop that I know of on the server even comes close to scratching that area. In addition, if you're working with someone else on the shop (which it appears you are), you can pool your sponges to create a large enough sponge to cover the shop (not to mention that you each start off with a 100 sponge, which is a 201x201 area).

Third, please don't speak on everyone's behalf about how happy they are with the server. I encourage them to come and voice their opinions and join the discussion just as many others have, this is a completely neutral ground where we want to hear what everyone has to say.

In closing I just wanted to mention that @PandaChristina is correct, we would have rather you posted alternatives as requested instead of just telling us that we're doing a bad job

Thank you and I hope you post more of your thoughts :)

PandaChristina likes this.
  4. Blinksi

Blinksi

I don't really think it's fair to anyone that you speak on their behalf by saying everyone is happy with the server as it is. Instead of seeing the greater picture, you've decided to center this entire post about yourself and how this affects you even going out of your way to mention you've donated money to the server as if that gives you the right.

You implore Red to have the public's interest at heart, but I think you're the one that doesn't care about the community around you.

5. JaJa_jrXP

JaJa_jrXP

how dare you speak to me like that. you have absolutely no right to call me self centered and like it gives you the right. You dont know me so that gives you no damn right to call me anything

6. Blinksi

Blinksi

How dare I? excuse me, little girl?

How about you stop bending the truth because I never called you self-centered, you just pulled that out of thin air, I'm assuming because you don't have any real arguments. But I think it's good that you responded, it shows off your mentality pretty well.

7. Selttiks

Selttiks Moderator

How dare both of you start this on the Johnnywoof forums. This is meant to be civil discussions. While Blinksi has a point, Jaja shouldn't be including a vague everyone when there are several forum posts that agree with the point https://johnnywoof.net/threads/blinksi.114/#post-392 Featuring
    And https://johnnywoof.net/threads/theshibadog.109/ Featuring
    And https://johnnywoof.net/threads/wolvesofthesky.111/ Featuring
    Thats 3 agreements to the sponges i found within 5 minutes. For the grinding, there were many agreements, and a couple of alteratives shown.Its also not cool that people just go around and claim things they dont need to just sell.or to just never use so people who want to use them get frustrated. If you do not agree with our changes cool. Explain why you don't agree with them. Provide alternatives.

The towns are being removed due to the toxic nature and backstabbing of people who want to try to steal members and get everyone in their town. People were not being nice about it, it was not the nice community we wanted Johnnywoof to be.

The mobcash changes were put into place because some members found it much easier to just stand at a grinder, and buy what they needed, rather than go out and get it, because it was much easier and quicker. It was not a fun way to play, and mob grinders are meant to be a source of exp. The fact they also gave coins was a small bonus. We mean to do this so people can go out to do other things. It's not a fun experience for new players, and most players did it while they did other things. IE: Pandi always went and watched youtube. ButterQueen watched youtube or anime. I played hearthstone or slay the spire. Or i even played PUBG. You'll still get coins. Just not as many.

The mininum price thing is because people can literally get diamonds for 15 coins. That's not cool. Its not something that should happen. And with our current shop rules, you dont really get to do much about it other than match their price or do more New players come in, vote, get top tier gear, and get bored!

Most shops can exist in a 50 sponge. I tried to design a shop for a 100 sponge even. My design with most of what i wanted to sell, didnt even cover 1/10th. Considering "huge" shops would sell about 4x as much stuff, its reasonable. shops usually start small, then expand.

While blinksi's opinion is cold, That doesnt give you the right to use a word that on the server, is discouraged to use. Reminder that we need to respect eachother. If you are offended by blinksi's thoughts, think why he is thinking that. Perhaps before grouping everyone in, read all of the other forum posts other people made.

8. Blinksi

Blinksi

I would just like to apologize for causing drama on the forum. I always try to be civil, but this post sadly just didn't sit right with me and I didn't really think much about what I was writing.

Again, really sorry.

red_stoner62 and Selttiks like this.
  9. JaJa_jrXP

JaJa_jrXP

its ok, i probably shouldn't have gotten so mad, but I just got frustrated and im also not super happy with all the changes being made. so again im sorry.

Selttiks likes this.
  10. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

I'm sorry if you felt that way, but if you look at both of the staff replies to her post, both of the staff members were respectful of her opinion and were only slightly upset about the "everybody hates it" statement. The only drama that was caused was between Blinksi and Jaja, which was rightfully solved because of @Selttiks and they both proceeded to apologize. The drama has been resolved already, and I fail to understand why this was necessary 14 hours after the apologies.

We merely asked for a simple opinion and ideas or suggestions afterward. If you feel that was unnecessary for us to ask, please post elsewhere.

Selttiks likes this.
  11. Blinksi

Blinksi

Just as she stated her opinion, People here stated theirs. I believe the point of these discussions is to bring forward arguments as to why something should and shouldn't be and that's exactly what most people here did.
    Just because something is your opinion, doesn't mean other people can't disagree with it

red_stoner62 likes this.
  12. red_stoner62

red_stoner62 Developer Admin

Exactly! That's why we're doing this