GiantNuker

Discussion in '3.0v2' started by GiantNuker, Jan 20, 2018.

1. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

Sponges:
    I like the idea of limiting them little, but it does make sense. Just to clarify, you said you could purchase up to 10 sponges per day, and if you wait longer, you can get a bigger one, right?
    Shop Chests:
    I do not like the tax. If this shop is hardly visited, and has lots of chests, they get money taken away instead of making money.
    Low pricelimit foe shops:
    Shops undercutting each other makes the economy, not breaks it. The price amount makes people able to give certan shops more buisness because they give better deals and therefore make more money. I think I get where you are coming from, because it depends on the coin amount made from mob grinders. Mabe the coin amount could be adjusted based on average shop pricing. This may be tricky because of things like nether stars costing a ton, but maybe there could be a sort of item price table?
    Colored names for everyone: * §3Giant§4Nuker absolutely loves this idea!
    GLOBAL shops:
    Good idea. Would getting into that hub cost an additional 7k, or just an extra 2k? And is the 10c tax for the customer or the owner?

My ideas:
    Nicknames working with /me /auc and that kind of thing

I've heard the separate portal rooms idea is ok, but Mabe you could pot numbered sings "shopping 3" and do thins like /shophub 3 to go to a certain area. My idea is to make the shophub in a big ring around the spawn, so there is no front or back, it's a continuos circle. and have like 10 teleports around the ring, which can me accessed with /shophub <number> and have signs for theese areas so people know where the shop they want is. Better yet, there will be no tunnels, just a wide ring to the shops. Also on space conservation, in 5.0, it's dumb how little space in the shophub actually has portals. you need to use as much space as possible. And last, the new portal area could be one level, but it would have to be wide. About 3 or 4 times a big as the current shophub. Also, a second story could be added if required. You should add those launchy pressure plates around sience the ring will be really big. And last, you should not just have signs with shop numbers, but big floating numbers in the sky, easy to see from the middle of the spawn.

My questions:
    What are tokens?

Thank you for reading my really long post :) I hope you think my ideas are good.
    - §3Giant§4Nuker
    Please tell me what you think :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Clonegirl likes this.
  2. Selttiks

Selttiks Moderator

So the sponges work as a pool of radias. Everyone starts with 150. You get 10 added on 6-8 hours. The specifics arent really discussed yet. Youll be able to get more with tokens which will be easier to get. You can either get a 150 sponge ( thats 301x301) to work with, or two
    75s or any combination that adds up to your limit.

3. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

Thanks, what do you think of the rest of my post?
    And the sponge thing is amazingly good. Plus, if you save up, you could get one bigger than 100, so thanks :)

4. Selttiks

Selttiks Moderator

Before i comment on anything, you technically can currently get a sponge above 100, you just have to make a modreq for it, and have a reason for it.

Since you asked on the thoughts on the rest of your post, lets start with the whole diamonds issue, or rather the shop prices. As it stands right now, due to everyone undercutting everyone I can currently buy diamonds at about 20 coins each. You can get 20 coins in 15 seconds at a grinder. maybe even less. So essentially, when comparing this to mining, you need to find 1 diamond, in 15 seconds while mining. even with /super, I cannot do this, it usually takes me longer than that to find a vein of diamonds. With bad luck as a factor, its just not worth mining, as usually i can get the diamonds faster through grinding. Although being able to undercut is fair play in most server, a lot of server allow you to buy out other peoples shops to stock your own shop. With our rules stating you cant do that, there is no real punishments for having super low prices. I do not think the shop rules are changing as they make it easy for anyone to start a shop, and we want the younger players to not get punished at inspections by other players just buying them out constantly for their shop. or for other players just buying them out at any time to stock their shop. Also as with the requirements for 5 stacks, 5 items, or less than 5 item requirement for passing inspection, Me, Pandi and Red literally sat with a table, and filled it out. The same will be done with item prices.

The tax is 2 coins per chest if you have 30 chests. that's 60 coins. you o not need to sell trap doors, all the types of doors, all the types of fence gates, furnaces, ect. Its just not needed. people do it anyways to sell EVERYTHING. People know how to craft.

Tokens are currently rewards staff give out for being a generally nice user, being helpful, stuff like that. Sometimes for finding bugs. they can be used in the buytemp shop. They're great. separate from coins.

Also, how did you know I was holding back thoughts? c:

5. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

My point on diamonds/shops is that the shops' stock will run out, and then they need to get more diamonds again and they might have to raise prices.
    I did not know you were holding back, i just want to know what people think of my ideas.
    Also, what are your thoughts on my shophub idea?

6. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

Oh,oh well.... mabe the minimum price for items should only be implemented on the spendy ones, like diamonds etc. leave dirt untouched. Plus, as a bonus, less work for you.

7. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

The tax on the shops is mostly to make a more realistic effect and to encourage players that aren't making much money to work harder and get their shop to be better than others instead of just sitting there and taking the portal spot.

And we spent a lot of time discussing the limit on coins idea, and while I agree with you, this is a Minecraft server and at the end of the year, people are hardly making any money on their items. Bigger shops are making plenty of coins as they get lots of business and usually have the Lord rank, but smaller businesses are selling their items for practically pennies. We wanted to prevent this. Of course, the limit isn't going to be ridiculous, so you don't have to worry about the economy being extremely overpriced.

Also, the layout for the shop portals is actually what we were discussing, so we'll see how that works out when we start building. Thank you for the ideas!

8. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

Also, for a giant circle, if you just type /shophub it will randomly position you. And i think you should only add a second floor if we're close to running out of portals.

PandaChristina likes this.
  9. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

I like your idea about the shops all being on one level. I believe the first time I joined the server the shops were arrayed in a fashion like this, but over the years it slowly drifted towards where higher-grossing shops came to the front/top and new/lower-grossing shops when to the bottom/back. At one point I didn't even know there was a lower floor, or that there were shops down there. Having everyone, even the new shops, in the same, relative area would give people more of a chance to check out the new shops and know they're there. Have the /warp in the center of all the portals and let the player choose which one they want to go through.

As a side-note, I typically use shops only to acquire things I can't readily find myself in the mineworld: (mostly things that get attacked or looted as soon as the mineworld resets) slime, black dye, prismarine, chorus flowers, end stone, mob grinders, glowstone.....

10. Blinksi

Blinksi

@GiantNukerI think you have to pay another 7k for a global portal and I think the weekly fee is paid by the customers. I could be wrong, but that's how I'm reading it.

11. red_stoner62

red_stoner62 Developer Admin

I originally envisioned it that the shop owners would pay the warp upkeep since it seemed weird to charge players every time they wanted to use it. I'm flexible on the charges though, both the 7k and the 50 coins could come down. The 10 coins per stack from GSI is payed by the player buying

12. Blinksi

Blinksi

I think 200 coins a month isn't that high of a fee for a shop and obviously, it's optional and not for everyone. and 7k also doesn't seem that much for someone who is serious about running a shop.

GiantNuker likes this.
  13. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

I agree on that, I think the current prices are actually pretty balanced.