GiantNuker - Update 1

Discussion in '3.0v2' started by GiantNuker, Feb 8, 2018.

1. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

I do not agree with the sponges increasing price. I don't want to end up with something like having to pay 10000c for a 10x10 sponge(just an example)

I'll update this a little more soon, i don't have much time now

2. Blinksi

Blinksi

I think the 4-hour timer on sponges is the more likely option that's going to happen. But just in case Red it leaning more in the direction of the second option, I'm just gonna use your post to tell why the idea is bad:

@red_stoner62
    -First off, basic things like protection should not have a premium currency (token) price tag on them, because not everyone is going to be into that sort of playstyle where they are allowed to earn tokens. Some people just like to play in peace and not care about the other stuff. This way of obtaining sponges alienates that group of people and punishes them for not playing on the server a certain way.
    I think a premium currency should never block players from basic server functions.
    -Second, the main reason for these sponge changes is because people place sponges everywhere, but I think you've missed that people who do this are usually Higher tier donators or players with a lot of spare currency, so what we should do is focus on limiting that type of player. Making sponges more expensive gives the exact opposite effect, instead of limiting richer players (the ones who usually spam sponges) you're limiting poorer players. For richer players, this would mostly mean business as usual.

The 4-hour timer idea is much more on point, instead of discriminating against types of players it makes getting sponges obtainable for everyone, it allows players to choose their own playstyle and pace to build up their land.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    GiantNuker likes this.
  3. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

Looking forward to reading your whole response soon, @GiantNuker ! :D

4. GiantNuker

GiantNuker

Sorry, I've been a little busy. I've been trying to write a novel, but so far, i'm still writing chapter 1 revision 7.

5. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

Oh wow! Yes, please continue your novel. The editing process can seem slow and even disheartening but keep at it and you will slowly give your story many polished facets. =) I love to write as well (I have a degree in it even =p) and found that sometimes taking small mental breaks from editing can be helpful and insightful. A difficult stitching between passages becomes clear after hearing a certain song or experiencing something in life that gives you inspiration. Best of luck! :D