Draco's Pile of Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by DracoNightHalk, Aug 25, 2019.

1. DracoNightHalk

DracoNightHalk

1. a token purchased item that can give player up to 2 /RP in the end or nether set so if used from the center you move far enough to land on an end island or escape a blocked-in nether gate. (end part aimed at players without fly)

2. a moving hidden portal at spawn that if you find it. will port you to a random place in the mined world in any of the 3 mine worlds World/nether/end portal can only be used 1 time by each player each week. then it is moved and the hunt starts again. (for fun but also there in case the end nether portals break again it can be used and hopefully a donator can craft a temp gate for nondonators to pass through.) maybe gift the player with an item for finding it when they port

3. (cost: 10+ tokens to save then to build) blueprint mod. a 1 time use where a build that has been created by a player can be saved (max size 50x50x50) once activated the saved building is created from the bottom up using the blocks collected if there are not enough blocks then it stops. whether the build is complete or not the item is consumed and cannot be bought again. (fyi any spawners / red stone / red stone machines Ect. will not save) it’s for saving your tower/house/barn/farm village etc. not to be used to copy shops or money-making setups (idea is to create a real-estate business to sell pre made homes in towns, creating that large sprawling town/dungeon for players to explore.

4. token are very rare would be good if there was a way to acquire them not any easy way it has to be challenging and hard to get them so that players still try and earn them from staff. a few ideas would be to make a crazy challenge job quest that rewards 1 token. Add a 0.01% chance or harder for then to show up in the mystery boxes staff was thinking about last player/staff economy discord meeting depends on how numerous mystery chests will be . have staff hid 1 token in 1 chest in mw so someone might run into it in a hidden location.

5. I believe there is a need for players to have a way to clear an area faster for making large builds. a suggestion is to set up a way for an owner of a sponge to lock it so they can never move it again to make a permanent claim if possible, to only work on sponges at 50 and bigger. and only in a locked sponge can they the owner use TNT (works normal) or a disintegration item/wand (would leave no blocks but clear a larger area faster) possibly make the item purchasable for a high price and a wand available to the highest donator rank. or possibly it’s time to make a few more perks with this as one and create a new higher rank hopefully at a minor cost to those already at the max rank.

6. is it possible to set up bookcases to work as a small chest with 3-5 slots so books can be stored in them in the library’s? possibly set to only allow books in them

7. is there any chance of creating a mimic for dungeons it’s a chest but when you open it. It becomes a monster and attacks you. maybe use a chest skin on a silverfish creature set up idea would be you place a normal chest and place a custom item inside with a bit of loot when they take an item out the custom item makes the chest vanish and replaces it with the hostile silverfish chest. best is the custom item is not visible. idk how feasible the programing would be. or if a trigger item is even needed.

8. have a few build competitions for dungeon/trap building and use the builds to craft a server dungeon run. possibly in sections with portals from 1 section to another one so the sections can be mixed and matched to make several challenging runs. players would enter with no gear and try to survive to the end. use a mod that auto refills preplanned chest loot (Crate Reloaded? spigot) keep loot hard to get and scarce (maybe cursed) to keep it challenging. when they get to end, they could earn 1 token but it can only be challenged 1 time per player until it gets reset by staff (reset meaning the dungeon has been changed before they can run it again.( i am currently working on some sections to possibly use for a dungeon run.)
    suggest there be at least 5+ sections in a run and have a total of 15 sections (so gates can be rotated) so they can have lots of runs before it gets easy also each section should be able to be run from each direction. some command blocks might be needed to reset traps and such. so have the build challenges for the tunnels/rooms/dungeons and traps. but someone on staff would need to combine them and reset it every 2 weeks?
    if its possible to build it so a program can randomly connect the sections then it can be reset without staff having to do it manually in that case divide the sections up into 3-lvl1 3-lvl2 3-lvl3 3-lvl4 3-lvl5 and the program can pick one from each level and connect them together.(could also nab some strongholds and/or mines to mix in)

9. would be nice if we could find a way to make our own treasure maps for a treasure hunt where we stand in 1 location and type a command while we have a map in our inventory and it places a x on the map so we can give it to another player and they have to try to find the treasure. could use several maps that way and have a hunt would need to be able to make copy’s so you could send several players on the hunt. maybe have maps only available when too click on a sign that /RP players when they pick it up.

10. Sponge bank increase purchase using tokens 1 token gives you a 10 sponge increase to your bank

11. armor enchant illusion. will have a small chance to cast illusion on the player/mob that hits them changing their appearance to another mob. lasts 15 seconds. chaos fun enchants
    or possibly casts a 5 second invisibility on the player in the armor.

12. Blink enchant will have a small chance to cast short 10x10 block /RP on the player in armor when they are hit.

13. TNT arrow does no dammage to blocks/players but does make explosion sound. can be used in stealth tag/paintball game.

14. coin Bag a bag that will have a small chance of spawning in natural generated chests in villages strong holds village bags have 5-15 coins strong hold bags have 15-30 coins spawn needs to be low enough that most places only get 0-1 bags a location with the rare location haveing 2 bags.

15. server scrap yard a place for players to take scrap materials and dispose of them. for a few coins. cobble would get you 3 coins a chest. diamonds 12 coins a stack ect make it a guaranteed sale a definite source of coins but not a profitable one so they only scrap what they cant sell. so that its not a source of competition with shops but if you can’t sell to shops players because no one is buying you can still get some coins if you are desprit for them.

16. Bounty’s hunt down x king slimes / giants/ herobrines/ end dragons’ sort of a job thing, I guess.

17. there is high demand for custom items especially ones made by Redstoner. maybe add a few custom items (curiosity’s not swords or op tools just like the color named sand or a purple black error block and such to the /buytemp with a high cost per item. error block costs 5k each or bedrock 5k etc. a source of custom things to add spice to a build or a player head a way to eat up some of those excess coins.

18. limited use tools like an unrepairable NV helm lasts for the same time as 5-night vision potions? a lure tool that can attract mobs so they don't chase a player but they follow the lure as it moves in 1 direction till the mobs break it. a bottle of air that will double the time under water but must be refilled when empty and can break after its durability runs out. a build wand with only 20-30 clicks(to get players to like and want them more a but break and cost a lot or use up tokens so it does not replace the benifit of player donation.

19. Minion a hire-able mercenary to fight mobs with player. works like iron golem but looks like a villager/illager follows player like a pet (maybe wolf better source of code) but must be paid every hour or they leave and have to be rehired?

20. need to try and find some new perks to add a new donator level. maybe a phase wand when used on a wall if there is another space in 30 blocks they appear in the other side. maybe reserve the staff shop tool for the new rank. and give them transfigure potion recipe so they can cause players skins to random change for a few min. a water wand so they don't have to fight with buckets. is all that comes to mind.
    possibly reserve the house transport item for only the new rank and keep the token cost as well.

I hope some of these ideas will be of use or spark an idea where staff can make some changes improvements in the server that will attract more players back here. it’s the best server I know and really want it to keep going with a dedicated player base.
    and again, thanks to all staff and especially to the devs who keep it all running for us players.

2. Selttiks

Selttiks Moderator

I personally like the sponge bank for token idea, and the Blink enchant a lot. I think the blink enchant would be good to go on leggings

3. supernova091

supernova091

i think the scrap yard is quite a good idea as well as the quicker area clear.

4. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

TNT can already be used in sponge areas.

/wp flags
    and enable the use of TNT. Then light TNT with Flint and Steel

5. DracoNightHalk

DracoNightHalk

Ah I did not know as I tried befor and could not get it to explode was about 3 servers ago
    I will give it a try again

6. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

"4. token are very rare would be good if there was a way to acquire them not any easy way "
    I completely agree with this, as to why I posted ideas about tokens on another thread.

Right now,tokens are handed out by admins/staff/mods (okay, those that are considered Server Authority), for the pointing out of bugs and giving good ideas to enhance the server.

(Using myself as an example, not crying out to be given tokens)
    I first learned of tokens when I did a buytemp for a spawner pickaxe and needed tokens in the last server. Since that time, I have recieved 1 token, for pointing out a spider spawner that wasn't spawning in Mine World. I have however have pointed out other bugs, but I have also suggested and able to get the /pointto command modified (Thanks Rocket) so not only can you have your compass point to a specific player, but it can now point to a specific coordinate /pointto X Y Z, or point to a specific block by using: /pointto here

Just before the start of this current server, I made a suggestion that /sponge by it self, not only gives on the available sponge radi they have available, but also gives them how many radi has been used, what the total possible radi they have is, and how many sponges they actually have laid down. That has all been added (Thanks Red)

Those are both ideas, that according to what Tokens are for, I should have received some Tokens. I am happy enough to actually to have those commands (especially the /pointto here command, really happy with it). But it goes to show that tokens are not being distributed in a consistent, or acquirable manner. The problem is it depends on the server's admins/staff/mods, who:

1: Have lives of their own
    2: Want to play Minecraft with out doing administrative duties all the time.
    3: Who while dealing with administrative problems (player/code), Tokens are the last thing on their mind.
    4: Just need to sleep.
    5: and are not on all the time. (See point #1)

In my idea about earning a token per vote ( https://johnnywoof.net/threads/tokens.198/ ) it would mean raising the token price of items as players could currently earn two tokens a day.

Or: have a kiosk where players can but Tokens (1,000 coins=1 Token ?), but that would mean the rich would have tokens (I had 200,000 coins last server so 200 Tokens) where those with no coins would be with out.

Maybe allow players to auction their tokens to other players?

I really like my idea about voting as voting does the server a service, but it would require an adjustment for inflation

7. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

That would be awesome in the Minigames arena, and on the server itself.