Community Goals

Discussion in 'General' started by Maddog033, Jul 12, 2017.

?

Would you like goals to be added?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2017.
  1. Yep! having something different to work to will be awesome!

66.7%
  2. Maybe, i would like to see some changes

22.2%
  3. Nope! Ill stick with building

11.1%
  1. Maddog033

Maddog033

Johnnywoof is all about community and fun, but I never seem to notice players all grouping up to complete one goal. This is where my idea for Community Goals comes in! Imagine players banding together to complete tasks given randomly every day! the community bond would strengthen and friends would be made!

Participation:
    When new community goals appear they would be placed on a command page called "/goals". If a certain player would want to participate, they would simply click the goal they want take part in. When a player accepts a goal a boss bar would appear at the top of their screen telling them how close to the goal the server is.

Reward System:

Certain mission will have a time limit to accept. Once this time limit is up, the server will give out the a type of quota. Everyone will work to complete their quota in a time period, and if the goal is completed, player will all receive their money.

Community Goal Ideas:
    Compete in a certain amount of Minigames!

Every player that accepts this goal will participate in 5 minigames total.
    Reward: 100 Coins

Mob Apocalypse!
    Mobs are taking over! Players that choose to take this goal will have to kill a certain amount of mobs (Preferably not types that are spawnable in grinders, such as zombie, skeleton, cave and regular spiders and blaze).
    Mob types: Enderman, Creeper, Wither Skeleton
    Total mobs kill goals:
    Wither Skeleton: 500
    Enderman: 1500
    Creeper: 1000

Quota: 50 kills each
    Rewards:
    Wither Skeleton: 150
    Enderman: 200
    Creeper: 50 (150 if you count the 2 coins the creepers give)

Minigames!
    Compete in a certain amount of Minigames!
    Every player that accepts this goal will participate in 5 minigames total.
    Reward: 100 Coins

Boss battles!
    Players band together to kill a mega amount of bosses!
    Boss kill goals:
    5 Enderdragons (Seperate Goal)
    2 Withers (Seperate Goal)

Quota: Inflict damage on the targeted boss type
    Reward:
    Wither: 250 Coins (The player that does the final kill will not get the kill coins)
    Enderdragon: 300 Coins (The player that does the final kill will not get the kill coins)
    For both of these missions, the people that place the needed items (End crystals or wither heads) will get a bonus 100 coins for contribution

Mine a certain amount of iron
    Players will mine a quota of iron (3 stacks? Let me know your ideas!)
    Reward:For every iron broke players will be rewarded 1 coins. (If 3 stacks, that is 192 coins).

Let me know your ideas! I will frequently update this page with goal ideas for player on Johnnywoof!

Updates will appear here:

Reward players with xp?

Clonegirl and Johnnywoof like this.
  2. Selttiks

Selttiks Moderator

#squadgoals

Confuzledtoast likes this.
  3. Maddog033

Maddog033

Yep!

4. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

I actually really really enjoy this idea, it gives kind of an mcmmo feel to be honest.
    I really hope this gets implemented, great idea!

5. red_stoner62

red_stoner62 Developer Admin

I'm trying to do MCMMO at some point though, I feel like it doesn't fit in with the server vibe
    Unless we can manage to do it in a way that's relatively unobtrusive

6. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

I also like this idea. :) It gives people who've progressed farther along something to do while awaiting their next project, and also perhaps a chance for newer/lesser known members to prove themselves or make allies. If this is something that cannot have a specific occurring-time on the server then perhaps this is a challenge that players can instigate themselves (not unlike Lucrata's Treasure Hunts). I would love to participate in a 'hunt' like this but I stress that there really should be a set time that these occur so people can plan for them. Perhaps even the hunt could be for a specific material: 100 roses, 3 creeper heads, find the highest place in the Mineworld (without flying), catch one of each color of llama...Eh, I'm rambling now... =p