Chronicles of the Server and it's many lands

Discussion in 'General' started by Lucrata, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Lucrata

Lucrata

Greetings,

As is known to most, I have a certain inclination toward books. That extends into creation of tomes, in shadows of the old way of the art.

I, also like most, have found a measure of creativity, community, and spirit with which to temper peace herein. In my ways, I am bound to honor that. The black inkling has found it's way amid my skull, and collects fragments...

Iteration has passed to iteration. Recurrence to Recurrence in proper cycles. And doubtless plenty has come and gone in this time, hand to hand, thread to thread, person to person each in our own fashion of making and unmaking. Much of this, I haven't seen - and further still that pass among the finer, actualized aspects of the Server as a whole and functional entity.

Now then...

My recollection is oft scattered, and the future as-may-be bears as much solidity as the past. Nor am I an elder entity here. I was not it's beginning, I am not it's end.

So, tell me: tell me of the first of lands, it's places, it's people. It's events, it's upheaval and it's peace. The states of it's great architects, and the faces and will of it's subtle Architects. Be my eyes in the tales and spin and weave for me what may best be said of the reflective pieces of years.

Visual matter also would be of great importance. This is not intended as a work only of words. Perhaps specific people also, but of whom I would need both willingness, artistic license, and some notion of their choice of appearance in the Server.

If willing I also entreat Staff as a part of this, hands as they have been in the factors of the Server's breath and life. Those who have been, those who waxed and waned and rose anew. Those who were shadows only. It was my intent that the initial states of the Chronicles involve Creation, and so also the Figures which drove it. Should nothing be provided, the plaques of the chapel and it's graven icons will be taken as matter to be elevated into other art...

Aye, true that said chronicles will become an actual thing, if substantial enough. True also that they will be met with the maker's cold and reflective hand, with fiction and fact intermeshed and important in it's vital spirit.

Perhaps, a tome one day needing a steward... Time will tell.

Clonegirl likes this.
  2. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

Found this in my Uncle Balbo's belongings from one of his trips...
    Eastern Heads1.jpg

3. Lucrata

Lucrata

Ahh, yes, I will make mention of those in time... For now, I need older things.
    Noted, it is, and with my thanks.

4. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

So are you just asking about this current server? or previous incarnations of the JW server?

5. Lucrata

Lucrata

That is correct. At this time, information on the past is what I need, preferably gathered or divided by the Server iteration it occurred.
    First, second, third... Eventually we shall reach the present, and the process shall, and in some ways shall not, change.

There shall also be the beginning myths.

6. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

Things such as these?
    tour 2.jpg
    (circa 2015, I believe)

2017-08-27_14.37.28.png
    (Mysterious Explosive Projectile - locale: igloo within the tundra regions. Circa 2018)

2018-01-22_19.59.04.png
    Basically any time I come across the fabled heraldry of the Voidmind. XD (circa 2018)

tour 1.jpg
    Whatever this place was. (circa 2015)

I have folders dating back 'four seasons' which would start with 2015 and end with the current server, 2018. Most of them are my own builds which I don't consider to be marvelous in any way shape or form. A lot are pretty landscapes I've come across. I apologize for the random tools, appendages, food items, and chat being in the way of the shot. Unlike with Steam I have no finesse with minecraft mechanics. XD (and apparently I am just constantly eating in game) Let me know if I'm just being excessive or if these are something helpful to your project, Lucrata. :)

All the best.

7. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

[greatly approves]

8. Lucrata

Lucrata

Excellent! I am most glad. These will prove quite helpful, in their own right. At this time, any information is precious.
    I would ask that you continue posting what is useful or curious, and, when the time comes (aye, this effort may take a very long time indeed), I shall weave it into the matter at large.

9. Lucrata

Lucrata

Let the opening 'dedications' begin.... It is far from meant to be cohesive.

"We were not here, that which was forced, beholden, seeing.
    "Eyeless substance which cuts reflection, that dreams flow, atramentous manna to time-swept Oracles"
    [Signature, gold ink, largely blotted out in a spatter of blackness]

Attached Files:

10. Lucrata

Lucrata

Despite a search for durable, hardy materials, it appears that page-warping may become an issue. It is no surprise, ultimately, but we shall see what becomes of this tome, as it progresses....
    Book_JWChronicle_3_MED.jpg

11. Lucrata

Lucrata

Each fallen leaf...

Book_JWChronicle_4_MED.jpg

12. Wailwulf

Wailwulf

Last season's server (2016-2017) a 51x51 block map I made. Entire wall of the map was made of Jack O'lanterns so there would be no dark spots visible on the map.

Attached Files:

Clonegirl likes this.
  13. Lucrata

Lucrata

A fine effort, that. And curious, no less, to see the large-scale generations at work. This may prove useful in a place or two, mayhap.

If only there were a greater breadth of input from others... My intent is in this as somewhat of a collaborative front, though all will be set through a certain degree of fictitious mending, where details are imprecise or require artful shaping.

14. Lucrata

Lucrata

Broken and mending...
    Book_JWChronicle_5_MED.jpg

15. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

Wow! This is really impressive! :0

16. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

These all look really cool, Lucrata! =D Thank you for making these!

Remember the giant ribcage we found this year? (like most things in Minecraft) First it started off as a big hole.
    2017-11-18_21.02.14.png

Then, with the help of other players, we uncovered a great ribcage about 4 blocks high and 7 blocks wide.

2017-09-26_23.04.27.png

2017-09-26_23.05.34.png

I then (lamely) attempted to turn it into a 'national park' via 'visitor center' above the chasm. Xp
    2017-09-26_23.15.27.png

17. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

Pretty landscapes anyone? =3 (these are all from this year; I realize now that the majority of pictures I have from other server-years are of my pets and my dirt hut)
    2017-12-29_21.26.35.png
    2018-03-13_21.06.41.png

2018-06-03_15.20.22.png

18. Lucrata

Lucrata

Awakening...

Attached Files:

19. Lucrata

Lucrata

My thanks, of course, to yourself, Clonegirl, for the contributions. What is supplied here will be taken into the Chronicles, in time.

Clonegirl likes this.
  20. Lucrata

Lucrata

I feel I should include notes on the writing, and a few details that would otherwise not be noticed:

'Carnelian' is a stone known since antiquity, ranging mildly pink, to orange, to deeply red, sometimes striated with white. A reference to living flesh, and also one vein of interpretation of the word 'carnal,' such as the voracious hunger and ferocity of the numerous undead found throughout the land.

"Unknowing was the nest of fear" has dual interpretations, as do many sequences throughout the Chronicle thus far. It refers as much to the masses of persons without as much a capacity for imagination or variety of creativity, those who do not look outward, but who are wary of things unknown, and in this case, things dark. However, the second interpretation is that of the deep terrors buried in the world, the locus of the Shadows and malign forces, not yet fully awoken to the presence of living minds and Villagers/humans/player-beings of the realm all around.

'Lances of wisdom... Staves of power' carries a directed nature, and 'staves' was actually chosen over 'staff,' with obvious reference. 'Power' was originally to be 'Influence.' These both bow to coding effects and group mandate.

Now, I suppose some have noticed a certain amount of color here and there...
    Book_JWChronicle_7_MED.jpg

Clonegirl likes this.