Chest rearranging

Discussion in 'General' started by Neofizz, Jul 31, 2017.

?

Would you like to be able to move a filled chest to a new location?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neofizz

Neofizz

It would be nice to have an item that enables you to pick up a full (or partly full) chest and place it someplace else. Before you go off the handle and say that this would make shulker boxes worthless consider that while this dolly like item is holding a chest the players speed is slowed considerably to the point that regular travel and mob fighting becomes a forget it. Moving at 1/10th normal speed is useless for all things except to put the chest someplace else. The upside of being able to move a chest this way is that the items in the chest stay in the order they were in before moving it.

2. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

This is more a minecraft thing than a server thing in my opinion, also seems to just be a little too convenient or that there's better things potentially to be done <3

3. Blinksi

Blinksi

I'm questioning why a player wouldn't just use a shulker box instead? Do we even need this? Also, the only thing I can see this being for is moving your base in which case the speed limit is kind of pointless since you'll just be teleporting from the old base to the new one.

I'm just having a hard time seeing the point of this when one can easily get a shulker box.

4. Selttiks

Selttiks Moderator

To be fair, Shulkerboxes arent locked when you place them, so the security risk is much higher

5. Blinksi

Blinksi

@Selttiks I understand that, but the main goal of a movable chest is to transport things, which is basically what shulker box is for.. I'm not implying you should use shulker boxes instead of normal chests. You use the shulker box to transport things, then you move them into a normal chest, simple.

Also, they'd have to make sure you can't move a movable chest into another movable chest or a shulker box to avoid abusing it.
    Just seems a bit complicated for something we basically already have in some form.

6. red_stoner62

red_stoner62 Developer Admin

This is essentially the Diamond Dolly from JABBA. I'd rather not turn this into a modded server if I can avoid it, and the struggles of recreating something that already exists as pointed out by @Blinksi is just a bit too risky from a bug perspective

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.