Changes for 5.0

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by red_stoner62, Jul 12, 2017.

1. red_stoner62

red_stoner62 Developer Admin

Well Hello!

It's been a bit of a ride, and for everyone that's stuck around, thank you :)
    Johnny, Rocker and myself have been working on quite a few things to make the server cool, and I hope everyone gets a chance to try them out.

My laundry list of things to talk about:

1. Website
      The current forums are decidedly not awesome (at least in my opinion). Pages are slow to load, lots of functionality from the old website haven't been translated over, and it's just not a good source of information.

Johnny and I have been putting together a new (custom (duh)) version of the forum software that we use to be harder, better, faster AND stronger. We're merging it with the website so you guys can have all the fun stuffs, and it should be rolling out in a month or so. yay.

2. Enchants
      This might be a bit of a controversial one. After lengthy (and I mean lengthy, we don't mess around all the time) conversation, we as a staff have decided that for 5.0, Mending will not be allowed on tools that use custom enchants because of the already slightly overpowered nature of those tools. Mending anywhere else is obviously still fair game.
      In addition, /gec can no longer be used with mending. It's well known that people have been putting mending on a tool, repairing it and then removing the mending to use it on something else, and if you ask me that sounds pretty cheap. Sorry about the inconvenience but I think it'll be better overall for the server

• You asked, I delivered. All custom enchants are now stackable. That means you can have your VeinMiner, Conflagration, Suction pickaxe or your Lumberjack, Conflagration axe to go mining with at last! It's been tested but there may still be a few hiccups, so please be patient

3. Servers
      • For those of you who've tried out minigames, I hope you've enjoyed them at least a little. I feel like it's always hard to gauge the reactions of people who are trying a thing that you've made, when you're not completely happy with what you've done (I think there's quite a bit of room for improvement). As has been the case, we're still looking for mapmakers, so hit up Rocker or myself with questions. Hopefully minigames will become a full fledged version of itself in a month or two after the reset has quieted down a bit.

• Creative is a thing! Well, at least it will be...?..? Rocker is the lead on that and I think it's going to turn out really really well. In addition, Build Battle will not be making an appearance on Survival this time around, as it will eventually be moved to creative. Stay tuned for more on that

• I really want to try my hand at something like MCMMO but haven't nailed anything down. Don't ask.
    As always, if you have suggestions or disagree with stuff, feel free to comment in a respectful manner or hit us up @Staff in the discord server!
    Thanks for your continued support and hope to see you in 5.0 :)

Update 1:

1. We're on the new forums now (obviously)! You'll notice that pages load faster, the vote and shop pages are here, and it's generally a better place to find your info.
    2. I love that people are sending in suggestions and I'm doing my best to reply constructively to every single one! Keep 'em comin'!

2. TheShibaDog

TheShibaDog

So in this comment, I am going to talk about some problems that I thought of after reading the post above.

Custom Enchantments
    I think custom enchantments were a mistake. The Fun of the custom enchantments is that it is random and when you say you can take enchantments off, it kind of takes off the value of the enchantment because everyone will have overpowered items. Instead of making it possible to have VeinMiner and Configuration on one pickaxe, the chance of getting one on a PickAxe should be lessened and the Reward of getting it should be increased. I like the concept of the Spawner Pickup Axe. Everyone is always getting XP just so they can try their chance on getting the Axe. But it seems like that is the only thing that matters. No one cares about the other enchantments. I think that the solution would be to make the other Custom Enchants to be more rare and then have more reward.

Minigames
    I played the Minigames a few times back in JohnnyWoof 4.0. To be frankly honest, It was really boring. The thing about Minigames is that the Minigames that you applies back in 4.0 was minigames toward the masses like Hunger Games. This server doesn't have that "Vibe" yet. If the server was to have games, it needs something to compliment the people that are playing it. A lot of the people on this server are not people that like to fight. That is why they choose to be here. I LOVE, and I repeat, LOVE the shop plugin. I've always liked running a business for some reason. But minus me and a few others, a lot of the people here like to build. So maybe compliment that with making games that are for builders and really, REALLY small fighting arenas (for the minority who likes to fight).

Shop Plugin
    The shop plugin is good. I love it. There is some things that I would perfer to change on it thought. The /warp shophub should not have a warp. Instead it should be /ShopHub. Also, Shophub is hard to find. At first, it is just a path going under the lake. Because of this, the newer people don't know where the shophub is. They also cannot use /warp and that is why I want the commant /Shophub to be a thing. Finally, I want there to be some sort of advertisement plugin. It is hard to advertise with only word of mouth, reputation, fame, and chat. People will only go to the shops that are in the front of the warp/stairs and will never explore other shops. I had a shop in the back since 2.0 and I know the feeling of having no visitors. That is why I make a reputation of selling cheap cheap diamonds and making my prices dirty low (even if I have to work double or triple time). But that is it for the shops for now.

I've been on JohnnyWoof since 3.0 and I sincerely want to thank you Owner and Admins for the hard work. Even if I sound like I am critisizing you, I thank you for maintaining the server and giving us such a well and organized server to play on.
    Sincerely,
    TheShibaDog

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    CarsonK_ and BlueKnightSam like this.
  3. red_stoner62

/warp shophub is public to everyone.
    Shop owners are expected to create their own ads and run them in /cc misc, which was designed for that purpose.
    Automating ads just means more spam for everyone, though I've been wrong about ideas before, maybe people would really love that sort of thing

I feel like people really enjoyed the MobArena portion of minigames, as it appeals to more of the PvE side of our server, though I might have misread it

PandaChristina likes this.
  4. TheShibaDog

TheShibaDog

No, I agree. Mob Arena was excellent. I participated in that and it was cool! Of course, at that time you couldn't even call it a Beta version because the map was just a few platforms. But the concept was really nice! Maybe a little more detail to the map (Which I believe you are doing right now), and better spawn placing, it would be a fantastic GameMode!

I was thinking of introducing a game idea while we are on the topic of gaming. I made this Gamemode in Vanilla where there is a Square Arena. There is 2 floors and on each floor, there are boxes. Imagine like a Spartan Stadium. In each box, there is a Skeleton. When the game starts, the players are released from each side with immense armor (So they don't die to the skeletons). The goal is to get into a 1 by 1 hole in the middle of the field. Skeletons will keep shooting, making you off balance and whoever get's into the Hole wins. Of course, I had no mods and I only played this with 3 people. If there was some adjusting, you can even put in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place with rewards for the winner. This is just an Idea. If you like it, we can talk about it and see if we can make it work.

I also agree with the Automating Ad Idea. It would be annoying if people constantly advertise on chat, and I am guilty of that. Maybe if there was a way to advertise without using chat. For example, to put up signs where a lot of people will filter through. I thought for a while about this and Spawn kept popping up in my mind. But that doesn't feel right, because no one is at spawn. Then I realized there is a spot where a lot of the people filter through. It is /mwspawn. If people can advertise there, then there is no chat spams and there is an advertisement system going on.

Before I go, I want to thank you for responding to my post. I was worried I might of made the staff mad after posting the reply above. I hope You, the Owner, and the Staff have a good day~
    Sincerely,
    TheShibaDog

5. red_stoner62

@TheShibaDog When was the last time you played minigames?! The last time MobArena used that map was months ago, I feel like you're making judgements without having seen the finished product

PandaChristina likes this.
  6. TheShibaDog

TheShibaDog

@red_stoner62 That's true, I haven't played the Minigames on this server for a while now. I'll be waiting for the Minigames~

7. Duran24

Duran24

Sounds Good