Aerolithe44 / Sir_Aero_Lord_Aether

Discussion in '3.0v2' started by Aerolithe44, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Aerolithe44

Aerolithe44

Greetings, Aero here, I have a primary complaint, though itself primarily theoretical, It involves the issues of capping the mob spawn rates and reducing the coin return rate value to 45 a minute. Quoted text by the Johnny woof staff "It seems like a lot of money gathering on the server is just focused on standing in front of huge mob grinder for hours, so coin collection from mob grinders will be capped to something along the lines of 45 coins per minute (we tested, on average it’s currently ~65 per minute with the exception of the huge blaze grinder which is ~150/min). Anything more and you’ll still get the drops but no additional coins." Personally speaking, being one of the select few individuals whom own one of the said "huge mob grinders", /Warp Blazez in short. I believe that by reducing the coin return rate via capping it would have the heavy possibility of downgrading the server’s economics, and not for the betterment of the server economy, though that would primarily affect the survival server, I will refrain from the use of complicated literature for the sake of comprehending my speech and writing, I do not wish to come off as brash, ergo rude, arrogant, or bellicose for that matter. Nonetheless, back to the possible issue I see at play, if I am not mistaken one of the large factors I had to overcome when building said Warp Blazez was the issue of which, as I understood it to be so, mobs spawn rates are already capped by server default, by further capping the actual coin return rate to say 45 coins per minute, that would in theory heavily effect the amount of time to grind coin from a grinder. However, I am not opposed to reducing the coin kill value of each entity killed by as much as 25 to 50 percent, ergo instead of 1 coin per entity kill you receive .50 to 0.75 of a coin, as a form of possible compensation, instead of a mob cap. As has been commented on server, why would someone with my resources and balance care about coin rates? Personally, it’s not myself I worry for, it is about the community for which I built my grinders, are whom I am concerned for. Not many have the time and resources to attempt the endeavor of building a "huge mob grinder", for myself it is always a highly costly venture not only in resources, as well as my time. As for what I do with my time that is my business even if its grinding coin and tools at a grinder for hours at a time, that is still nonetheless my time and my decision to make and no one else’s, to make for me, and it should not be influenced by an external force, as well as the fact it is also no one else’s concern how I spend my time. To that matter I extend this state of mind to all, one of the things I value most is my time, as I have said in past discussions "Many if not most things are replaceable, but time is not, making it the most valuable substance in existence, as for myself it is priceless, and I do not waste it, nor have anyone or anything else dispose of my time.", that being stated why you may ask do I even bother to build such a creation? My pride and joy of the achievement aside, the primary reason I build it is for the Johnny Woof community, I have been in the community since the later part of 3.0, many of you know me, many don't, for those of you who do know me, you know that I believe sincerity is the highest form of honesty, and although I can be more then blunt at times, I will always speak my mind without hesitation. Now as a side note I have owned and operated servers since the ole old days of alpha and such, I do and very well know the large amount of work that goes into running and maintaining a server as well as administering and moderating servers. To this end of a rather long singular theoretical issue, I give my thanks to the staff for the work and time they have committed to the upkeep of the server, if they ever require assistance, I would be glad to aid them in what I can, with what time I have left if possible, also expect some grim news in the near future.

Blinksi likes this.
  2. Aerolithe44

Aerolithe44

Have fun disputing :)

3. Blinksi

Blinksi

Okay, so the more I think about it the more your statement makes sense.

One of the main reasons staff wants to introduce this is to apparently not have people grind at grinders all day, and I can't help to think this might have the exact opposite effect since people will just grind 2 times as long for the money.
    Also since money will be harder to get it will just become more valuable and you will be able to get more items for less money thus nothing will really change.
    The only thing this does is discourage people from building big grinders and taking on bigger projects.

4. red_stoner62

red_stoner62 Developer Admin

The idea behind the change was based on the notion that grinders are more for XP gathering than the money, which is something that we've added in as a bit of a bonus for people gathering to enchant or whatever. There are other ways to make coins too, but people shouldn't be discouraged from making large grinders, since people will always need sources of experience

5. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

We're actually planning and brainstorming ideas on other ways to make coins, ways that are much more fun than just sitting at a grinder all day. Of course, being able to watch Youtube while tabbed in Minecraft and clicking every couple of seconds is practical, we want to encourage players to invest their time into something Red/Johnny/Rocker have actually spent time developing to make the server more fun.
    Also, lowering the drop rate of the mobs wouldn't make any difference to what the cap is at right now.
    And with some simple math, while you may not be earning 10k/hour, you will be earning about 2700/hour which is what most people earn from the average grinder, which is still a great source of coins. Sorry if this has upset you a bit, but once you get a feel for the changes it shouldn't be too much of a change for you.

6. Aerolithe44

Aerolithe44

To be quite honest i highly disagree, but in all likelihood my opinion will not matter in the end, all I can state is as of now it is highly discouraging for myself to build a high level level grinder for public use, much less for public availability. While a simpler less sophisticated grinder may not have the ability to grind high volumes, completely ridding the ability to grind in high volumes is in my view is illogical, unfair to those who spend countless hours building such wonders, unfair to simply restrain the ability to earn such amounts (and in a way very anti capitalistic, but then again what do I know I am just a man in international politics and business who uses Mine-craft to alleviate stress), and personally I find it idiotic, almost to much control over currency, I still personally would rather receive half of what mobs are valued as now, or even a fourth of what they are valued now then to rid ones ability to even dream and think of creating a marvelous creation as I have built in the past. In all honesty if the coin cap precedes I highly advise people to not even bother building grinders for capital gain, or even for personal recreation, I fear they will evolve to become a primarily an aesthetic piece, rather then a tool they were intended to be, and in bluntness I highly doubt with the new changes in regards to grinding restrictions, for 6.0 that I will bring back Warp Blazez which has been one of the largest if not the largest blaze grinder on server since 4.0, I simply do not find the use in having it around. Once again to close this off, in the end my opinion as an individual will not matter, I quite frankly doubt if even there was a group of like minded individuals in agreement with myself that it would matter, the sad, regrettable reality of which we inhabit is that the people whom hold power, control, are the ones whom ultimately make the decision, and not just in one instance but possibly many.

7. Aerolithe44

Aerolithe44

Also, I was asked to convey my opinion on such matters, rather then to remain neutral as I had planned, this is just me, myself displaying my opinion as requested, and it is against my personal beliefs to be dishonest or insincere.

8. PandaChristina

PandaChristina Moderator

Of course. Not trying to come off across as if I'm restricting your opinion, I'm just participating in the discussion with what my thoughts are.

9. Clonegirl

Clonegirl

I'm not sure if it'll be comforting to you, @Aerolithe44 , but I use your /warp blazez almost exclusively to gain xp when I'm on an enchanting binge. I also find the blaze rods very efficient for my furnaces. The coins are a nice bonus (most of the time I have no idea what to buy with them since I'm so prudent :p). I too am hoping that well designed grinders such as yours are still in this server's future. I also want to put out there that there are people, like myself, that use the grinder solely for xp and who would continue to visit your grinder in the furture.